Monday, April 6, 2009

Lah-tee-frickin-dah...35

Yup, this is my happy birthday to me post. The celebrations actually started a few weeks ago with the lady friends from my old work place. We met up at the Porcupine Grill at the mouth of Big Cottonwood Canyon. It was dee-licious, as L would say. We had lots of fun catching up. (No comments on the hair please...I know, Maria is calling and she wants her hair back. I'm ready to buy a wig.)













Dan and L made me a cake and Danny made dinner. Tenderloin steak with baked potatoes that were fantastic. I mentioned how L loves the blowing out the candles part of the birthday event. Well he just couldn't wait to put the candles in the cake so I let him before it had totally cooled, and of course the cake melted the candles from the bottom up. It was great cake though. I did receive a lot of birthday wishes today from family and friends which was fantastic. So thanks to all of you for sharing it with me and remembering!

4 comments:

Shea said...

We are so old! I remember when I turned some teenage year and you brought me over a cake. I remember it because my supposed BFF did nothing. That was kind of a turning point for me. I'm sure I've told you that. So thanks for being nice.

Sandra said...

I don't remember that at all, and I don't remember you telling me anything about that. But I'm sure glad I was nice. You'll have to tell me all about that some day.

Shea said...

Yes, I will tell you about it sometime. Basically I decided it was time to be around people that made me feel good and were kind to me.

MaryLee said...

Sandra, that's so funny about putting the candles in when the cake was still hot. Glad you had a good birthday, it was fun celebrating all our birthdays and Easter with you and Danny at Mom & Dad's.