Saturday, November 1, 2008

How would one know if one is in the SC (Sanpete County)

It's really quite easy, here's just a few hints for those that have never spent any time here.
1. The drives that happen on a regular basis...down the middle of the road. Yah those are sheep.


2. The ATVs that are used as regular vehicles, even if you're not old enough to drive. They take them to the bank, the store or even church.
3. The birds that live in the Walmart.
4. The girlfriends sitting next to their boyfriends in their pick-up trucks. (A friend gave me this one.)

There may be others that I will not hesitate to add if I find them. The reality sometimes just stares me in the face. But we love it. Kind of.

p.s. Kareen, can you top this lady? Now who's in the prairie eh?

10 comments:

Shea said...

They're called "Two-headed drivers" Sandra.

Sandra said...

Silly me. I have so much to learn. Thanks Shea. I really did lol though.

Nicole said...

That is hilarious! I think you have out done Kareen with the most po-dunk(sp?) town!

Sandra said...

I think you're right...I was going to add a comment to her specifically and forgot to, I'll do that now. Thanks NG. If I get photos of each instance they will be added as well.

Anonymous said...

Without question, I believe we have a new "Laura Ingalls" in our midst!! I can't compete with a herd of sheep clotting the road... the best we can do in the SP is a lone cow meandering down the highway (VERY rare), or a drunk redneck who has rolled his Chevy pick-up after a bender at the local waterin' hole (unfortunately, NOT rare at all). Therefore, I'm more than happy to relinquish the title... Sandra, I officially dub you the new "Half-Pint Prairie Princess!" I'll mail you my Holly Hobby dress and bonnet... but since they still operate the pony express in your part of the world, it might take a few weeks to get there! :) :)

Christy said...

That is awesome. The sheep drives happen in England too, as I'm sure you know. So just pretend you are living abroad in the English countryside. :)

A Dunn Deal said...

Sand- Super funny. If i catch you or Danny participating in #2 or #4 then that's your que to relocate back to UC- at least, if not the SLC.

Sandra said...

No doubt boo, no doubt! Can't wait to get my new dress and bonnet too. I hope it has lots of flowers on it.

A Dunn Deal said...

Are you kidding me with the no doubt boo, no doubt! One of the greatest video moments ever. That just brought a real smile to my face.

Sandra said...

I know, they really are classics. I watch them every now and again and still laugh just as hard. Maybe I'll have to post it eh?