Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Yellowstone 2009

We just got back on Saturday. It was fantastic. We went with Danny's parents and sister and kids. Not much to say about it other than show you the photos...lots of photos! We camped half way the first night and Luke was SO excited to sleep in our new (to us) tent trailer that my mom and her husband gave us, which we love and are so happy to have. He was excited to put his jammies on, brush his teeth and get in bed. Quite miraculous. So this first picture is him, just being so excited he can hardly contain himself.




































Day 1 in Yellowstone...nice and foggy. I love fog.


















































































































Day 2 Clear Lake hike...it's beautiful. I loved this tree.






























































Stinky hot pot, or "hot puddle" as Luke called them.






































































Fun with pipe cleaner...










































This one cracks me up of Luke...does he remind anyone of the kid in Sandlot?
















































































This big ol' bruiser wasn't there when we parked the jeep (we were watching a grizzly on the other side of the road in Hayden Valley) but he found a nice little spot next to the jeep. These things gore people every year, I don't like to mess with them.


Day 3 Playing in Yellowstone Lake


Can you tell he's tired?



Day 4 Tower Falls hike










































Eating ice cream after the hike. It was hot.

























































Day 5 Craft Day
I meant to do this fun little craft that I found in Family Fun on the first day that we were there so we could have them all week, but I completely forgot. So we did it on the last day when it was a little rainy for an hour or two. I did Grandpa and Alyssa did the other three. It was really fun, I quite enjoyed myself.


All the kids in their Yellowstone shirts that Grandma Summers bought for them. That's the best they've every posed for a picture.

7 comments:

mena said...

love yellowstone. cool pics and luke looks so big. when are you due?

Anonymous said...

Love the photos, sister... I want about 10 of them for my screensaver! Sounds like you had a great time. :)

Shea said...

It's beautiful. You look so cute all pregnant.

Christensens said...

Looks like fun. Your pictures are awesome. You should make a calendar!

Nicole said...

How fun! Great pictures. I haven't been there forever, I forgot how beautriful it was.

Christy said...

Wow girl, beautiful photos! I love the Sandlot comment.

Heather Davies said...

You are quite the photographer! Those pictures are awesome. Congratulations, I just saw that you're pregnant with a boy! (I'm a little slow). Wow, Luke is getting so big! :)