A few weeks ago there were five houses behind ours that were completed and families moved in...almost all of them have boys, little boys. Luke happened to see them all playing outside while he was taking a bath and was just in awe of them. I felt so bad that he had to go to bed while they were all out playing in the dirt having fun. But he didn't really say too much about it; he just watched intently. Every night at bedtime I rock with Luke and talk about our day, which usually turns into listing everything that we did that day. I was going through the usual list, when he interrupted me and said "maybe tomorrow we can take some 'banas' (bananas) over to those boys and say hi?" Of course I said sure, that's a great idea, while I'm wondering how in the world he came up with this idea. I hadn't said anything about taking anything over to our new neighbors and was a wee bit shocked that he did. Kids are better than we are eh? But I loved it that he wanted to take bananas, because hey, who wouldn't want some nice fresh bananas that we just bought at the store?
On another note, if you're familiar with my hair issues, getting a good cut that is...I would like to report that I finally got one. Hal-le-freaking-lujah! I was so happy to actually like my cut. The night after I got it cut I had a dream that I was heading to something very important and special, and decided that I needed to "fix" my hair. And if you know anything about me, you also know that I tend to take the scissors to my hair right after I get my usual crap hair cuts. So in my dream I got the clippers out, yup clippers, and went straight up the sides of my head, leaving the top long of course (didn't want to be too drastic), but just shaved the sides. My hairdresser was all of a sudden in my dream, although it wasn't the real lady, it was a man, which I imagine to have looked something like "Cinna" might look in the Hunger Games (if you've read it). He was looking at me like "you just ruined such a good thing, and now look at you!" My new hair cut was hideous and I'm just in shock at myself for being so stupid to ruin what was a good cut...finally! I was so mad at myself. And I was of course running late for me very special event and didn't have time to change/fix my hair before I had to leave. And then I woke up. Nightmare eh? I think part of my trauma with hair cuts since I've moved here is just getting used to the Sanpete way. If you ever plan on moving here talk to me first before you get your hair cut here.
6 comments:
I'm having nightmares about school but oddly enough I dreamed about magrath and your family last night. I was trying to get together to visit Ray and Marie. I'd try to stay away from the shaving of the sides. That's so 1989.
I love your dream! I just had one the other night that
sam got tattoos all up and down her legs! NIGHTMARE! I was SO glad it was just a dream! I just got a good haircut too! Yay!
LOL...yah didn't you in fact do that very thing in 1989?
The major injustice here is that we found our SP hair stylist at the same time and I have been here longer than you!!! In any case, I do like your new style and the story about Luke is so sweet. What a great kid!
Oh lady, you and your hair... stellar news about the cut, but now we've just got to get your subconscious to come around! Can I just say that I LOVE the banana story... seriously, I was totally giggling about that. Maybe when Luke comes to my house next time he can bring me some "banas," too!
You know it lady, we'll be sure to have the best looking banas around just for you and yours.
Post a Comment