Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sanpete Sheep and Beauty Queens

Apparently there is no shortage of either in the Sanpete County. In case you haven't heard (I just found out this week making the V.T. rounds) that Miss Utah was Miss Sanpete. Who knew? She's on her way to Miss America soon (so they tell me). That's another thing that rural Utah has going for it...everyone is involved in pageants. I had no idea. Almost everyone I've talked to has been a "pageant mom" as it's called. I'm thinking of signing up next year. (If you're not laughing at that comment, you should be.) Check her out: Miss Utah Kayla Barclay

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Duuuddee! I'm so glad you found us. Your little Luke is darling. And I for one LOVE the haircut. It's super cute. And seriously you should just buy yourself a sequin little number and go for Miss USA!! So good to hear from you!

MaryLee said...

Hey, my sis-in-law on the other side of the fam has her BOYS in pageants. Her kid was Mr. Hawaiian Tropic! If you want some advise I'm sure I could hook you up (hee hee).

Sandra said...

That's awesome! If you're ever worried that your boys weren't going to be teased...put them in a pageant!

Shea said...

I totally see you as a pageant girl. Get some implants, grow that hair out and tease it up, get the makeup going full speed and you'll be set.

mena said...

Have you ever heard of Mrs. Utah? I totally see you being a shoe in for that. I mean you already have the talent part down....you and your mad dance skills. Shoot for the stars baby!!!!

Sandra said...

Yah, exactly...the complete opposite of everything that is natural for me. I think I may even be deducted points for a negative boob size...is that possible? I'm game.

Anonymous said...

OMG... little girls roaming the prairie with harlot hair and pancake makeup... RHINESTONES ad nauseum... STAGE MOTHERS... all for your enjoyment in Sanpete County. What's their pageant talent -- castrating sheep?

Better not get me started, Sand... might make some folks upset. I'll expound on Saturday. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YA!!!

mena said...

Believe me Sandra very few of the boobs on that stage are REAL. Fake it till you make it as I always say:)

Ammie G said...

I am like you not much into pageants. I am happy that I have boys so I really don't see myself ever getting into them. It was good to see you and luke he is a beautiful kid, I mean cool, Wyatt would be mad at me for calling a boy beautiful, you know what I mean. tell danny we say hi.

Sandra said...

Clevergirl - oh the fun you could have eh? Can't wait to hear the rest of it! If castrating sheep isn't their talent, then I'm sure that plucking turkeys would be. Pretty sure your bff Ange could relate to that! :)