Saturday, January 10, 2009
Inaugural Snowshoeing
I bought Danny and myself snowshoes for Christmas and I've been dying to use them. There really isn't enough snow to even need snowshoes, especially on the south facing slopes, but oh well. Let me just say, it was thrilling. Seriously. I love it more than real hiking, maybe that's the Canadian in me, but I love being out in the snow and being active. We were there for the sunset so it was that perfect lighting for pictures. There were deer tracks everywhere but we didn't see any, much to Luke's dismay. He talked about this event until bedtime and then today as well. I've decided that everyone needs a pair of snowshoes, how else can we tolerate the winter?



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
You are right about the perfect lighting. I love the picture of all of you. Very cute. Looks like fun.
That is a cute picture. Do you have to use the poles?
I love the view you have. I would like to think that Luke and Ty remember each other. I know its a far reach since they were after all only 18 months. I am sad that we missed you when you visited! Maybe next time. I hope all is going well.
No, I wasn't using any. He just used them because of Luke in the backpack...and as you can see Luke is quickly outgrowing the backpack so he was worried about keeping his balance.
Sandra! I didn't know you had a blog! How in the heck have you been? Your son is DARLING!
I hope you got our Christmas card...they were late this year (like always!)
You can find us at www.theoliveleaf.blogspot.com
I hope things are going well for you! We should do lunch sometime!
Yup, sure do. And yes, we sure did get your card. It was great. Thanks very much. Your kids are cute too. Carson is getting so big. Lunch would be great some time. I can make a trip to the big city anytime. :)
Post a Comment