Friday, November 13, 2009

Snowboarding vs. Bambino

So I had a dream the other night that I was actually snowboarding, and I was so very excited. (I think somewhere in my conscious brain, I actually feel/hope that I might be able to snowboard this winter.) I was on one of our favorite runs at Brighton when I went over the usual little hill and all of a sudden I am heading over a cliff! My first realization is that I don't have a helmet on (as I'm skiffing over the snow, but not in full wipe out form yet) and my next realization is that I've got Ethan strapped on the front of me in my nifty wrap and I'm about to start tumbling head over heels. PANIC!!!!! And then I woke up.

Conflict of interest? I ask you. Can the two exist harmoniously this winter. Probably not. Charlie Brown song please Les. Do-do-do, do-do-do. But I sure can and will snowshoe with the wee one strapped on this winter. I hope. :)

4 comments:

going gordon said...

Ahh, the sacrifices we make for our children. this is only the beginning, believe me. Come up Fairview with us this winter and you can leave your babe with me while you board a few runs. works out great.

Shea said...

Snowshoeing should work, snowboarding is iffy. It won't be long before they can go with you.

Christensens said...

Wow, talk about symbolism, deeper meaning and all that other garbage. I was going to say the same thing Kim did. Fairview is close and it wouldn't be hard to get someone to drive/babysit while you snowboard. (I'll do it!) It's a win-win, I tell ya!

Britt said...

Oh Sandra...I love you. I think you're amazing for trying to even snowshoe with a baby. I'll babysit for you!