For some reason the biggest events in life seem to be the hardest to blog about, or maybe it's just finding the time now to getting around to it. For whatever reason, this is long overdue. Ethan joined our family on September 30th at 3:00 am. My contractions started at 6:00 pm on Tuesday and were 10 minutes apart from the beginning. After Danny got home from YM's and we packed us, Luke and the dogs in the car my contractions were 2 to 3 minutes apart. Yes, I was silently praying that I would not have the urge to push in the car and that we wouldn't be doing a 911 call on the side of the freeway. But I guess I secretly feared that I would reach the hospital and they would tell me I was only a 3 or four and send me home, but that wasn't an option for us, living in the SC and choosing a hospital in the UC. Nice one eh? I walked in and told the lady that I
thought I was in labor (there was not doubt in my mind, but I just felt I should preface it that way just in case I was dreaming all of this). So the lady takes me to the room where they check you and the bed isn't made so I'm standing there and have a few contractions while she's making it, she has no idea. The nurse comes in to check and says "oh, you're at a 9!" Let's just say that I was raising the roof, with a woop and a woop. Nevermind that I stayed at a 9 for the next two and a half hours, they make you sit in that dang bed and I got a spinal, all of which I'm sure contributed to the slow down. But he's here! Yeah. It was so much easier than Luke.
He weighed 8 pounds 1 ounce and was 20.5 inches long. He looks just like Luke did, but we seem to be enjoying Ethan much more than we did Luke. Guess we feel more experienced. He's a great baby, most of the time. What is it about not getting enough sleep that makes you want to just cry and cry and cry? It is a rough gig in that sense, but I keep telling myself that it doesn't last long and just enjoy him while he's little. I will survive.




First week at home.



10 comments:
What a cutie! I'm so glad things went easier this time. Carrie had me terified about labor after telling me your story about Luke. The picture with you and the boys in the hospital bed is classic Sandra.
Was that the longest car ride of your life? I had no idea you were at a 9 by the time you got all checked in. Crazy! Congrats...he's a cutie. Let me know if there is anything I can do. If you're having one of those super-tired-can't-stop-crying days when Ethan's taking a nap and Luke isn't even close to nap time give me a call and I'll come get Luke so you can sleep.
ADORABLE! I might have to come visit just so I can hold me some baby.
So cute! Congratulations! We also seemed to enjoy our second much more than the first because we were a lot less stressed out about everything. It's amazing what a little experience will do for you... Good luck on that sleeping thing. :)
I've been thinking about you a lot. Congrats! He is sooo stinkin' cute! Glad you made it to the hospital in time. Ava is about his newborn size now! And she can't wait to meet him!
Sandra!! I didn't even know you were expecting. Shows how much I know, huh? Congrats!!! He's a cutie and I'm glad you're enjoying him. Just wait til you have #5. You're so relaxed You pretty much forget they're even there :)
So precious. I'm so glad I got to come see you guys! I have been wanting to call you and see how you are doing, but if you are like me you probably hate all the phone calls and just want to get some sleep. Did you ever get your hooter hider? Let me know if you still want me to send you mine.
Sandra - he's darling!! And your other little guy isn't so little anymore! It's been so fun to catch up on your life through the blog! Can't wait to see you at the reception :)
He is DARLING, Sandra. Hope you are feeling perkier. Yes, you will survive--but that baby cave can be hard to live in sometimes. *Fistbump*
It's about time you put up some photos of the new wee one, sister! I'd just about given up on ya... but then again, I knew you were just a tad busy. :) Ethan is ADORABLE, and he does look just like the Jedi! I'm so happy for you... but I'd be happier if you could have a nice long nap somewhere in there. :) Congrats, talk soon!
Post a Comment