But you know you're out there when you start getting "those" kinds of comments. Here's one example. On Saturday I was over at a friends garage sale and a lady that I've never seen before in my life took one look at me and said "Oh dear! How much longer do you have!" She insisted that I had dropped, which I think is funny because she's never even seen me before, but she's apparently some sort of expert on "dropping." Then today at church, I got a few sad eyes, along with some fun little comments. Luckily I'm not so desperate to have this baby that I want to poke their eyes out yet, I still find it quite amusing the things that people will say to you. Like the passing comment that I didn't quite catch all of but seemed to be along the lines of "here comes the Labor Day parade." Followed by boughts of laughter. Oh, and to add injury to insult, while cooking dinner today I was trying to reach in the cupboard over the stove and totally gave myself a 2nd degree burn on my belly from the potato pan that was boiling on the burner. I yelped! It hurts so bad and is about 3 inches long...I just forget how faaaaar out there this thing is.
Still no name yet, and we probably won't have that figured out until he's here. So we'll keep you all posted. I am super excited for this baby to come! I never felt this with Luke because I was so preoccupied and panicked with kick counts and monitoring because my midwives had me a little freaked out about any decrease in movement. So it's nice to feel the excitement and not be worried.
9 comments:
Very exciting! I still think that Heavenly Father makes us so miserable at the end so that we are thrilled to finally have the baby and not so afraid. Hope things go well. Are you having him at home with a midwife?
Sand, HOLY CRAP... I can't believe you're almost full term!! I don't know about you, but that pregnancy just FLEW by for me... :) We need to get together before you pop out this new wee one! Or maybe it will be another road trip to Ephraim... any takers, ladies?? :)
Kim - you're scaring all my work friends that read this blog. They think I'm nuts to try o' natural, never mind a midwife at home. :) So no, I'm delivering at Orem Community with all the Western Medicine options at my disposal if needed.
Kareen lady - I would love to have another get together before the wee one comes. I'm up there every week now for appointments, but will travel for you ladies anytime, you know that!
Hey what about me? You never travel to see me. Well I think you look great and just keep stretching that sweater out. Let me know when the baby comes so I can come see you. I'm not far from that hospital. I think you should name him Brian. ;) I have to tell you there were some Sandra moments of awe this summer when the subject of Hepburn was brought up. You're a goddess!LOL!
That's so funny Shea. Yes, I'm still clinging to those glory days! It was the only time in my life when people envied me eh? I know, it's lame I haven't come to see your new house yet. But I will for sure one of these days and will keep you posted on the wee guys arrival. I would love to see you at the hospital.
I am excited for you to add to your family. Luke will have fun with a little baby around.
Hey, clothes don't matter when you have great hair. I Luhv your new doo. I am glad you are feeling good and best wishes for a happy delivery!!!
I love the look on your face in these photos, it's like, "seriously?" Can't wait to meet the little guy! Glad you are enjoying this pregnancy. Since mine came so early I skipped the "nervous-at-the-end" part!
I'm just cathching up on your blog, you are too funny! Love the pictures!
Post a Comment