Sunday, September 27, 2009

Fall in the EC...again!

I posted about this last year, but I love this little area in our canyon that has a great little trail and amazing aspens. We went up Saturday evening, the leaves aren't just right yet (this next week they will be)...but we weren't sure that we would get another chance to get up there with baby being due and all.














































































I know this picture is a little fuzzy, but you can see the amber rays of the sun as it was setting coming through the trees. Loved it!





















I have to say that I've never really loved the fall, I guess because it meant winter was coming and growing up in Canada it was dreadfully cold and long. Sometimes downright depressing. But I'm learning to love the fall. I also love Halloween, this is also a new thing for me, I used to hate it as a kid, but the last five years or so I love trying to come up with a costume that I think is hilarious...for me if it's not funny there's no point in dressing up. But that's just me. Sometimes I hit the mark and sometimes I don't. But c'est la vie eh?

Here's a favorite of mine. People seriously didn't know who I was, and that makes it even better. So I hammed it up and totally played the part. Very unusual for me.

8 comments:

The Rasmussens said...

Love your blog. I'm going to stalk it now okay? See ya around the block!!

going gordon said...

I love your photos!! They are beautiful! Your costume was great too!

Shea said...

I might copy that costume but I don't think my first graders would get it. Why no comments on my blog sister? This is feeling like a very one sided relationship to me and it gives me a case of the sads. Time to look at pictures of bunnies and kittens.

Christensens said...

That is a fabulous costume. Isn't it great to love Halloween instead of fear and loathe it? Hooray!

Trevor and Natalie said...

Found ya on Nicole's blog. :) I was just telling me hubby yesterday about the crazy costumes at 4Life. Yours definitely ALWAYS topped the list! The prego cheerleader...

Nicole said...

Oh how I miss you around this time of the year. You always have the best costumes!

Brades said...

I think you sent this picture to me on a Christmas card when I was on my mission, one of the best surprises I could ever find in an envelope. Good luck with your costume this year, you really are an inspiration and rightly so with your Halloween creativity and costume contrivances!

Brades said...
This comment has been removed by the author.