Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Suspect Dog Snatcher

The weirdest thing happened today when I went for a walk this morning with Luke and the girls. We were about a block away from our house and Gracie decides that she's done. She just sits down. She's a bit of a lazy bum when it comes to walking, but I didn't give in, I gave her a little tug and she continued to walk. Well, just up around the corner she sat down again, so I decided to let go of her leash and keep walking. She generally will start following me after a few seconds. So I'm walking and a jogger passes by and says hi to me (this is a few seconds after dropping Gracie's leash). I keep looking back at Gracie to see if she's coming when I see the jogger lady run straight over to Gracie (crossing the road), pick up her leash and starting running AWAY from me! What the crap? The jogger didn't even look back and didn't even hesitate. I was standing there and kept saying out loud "are you kidding me?" I'm thinking, do I seriously have to run after this lady to get my dog back? I have Luke in the stroller and Hildie on the other leash, and me running is not a pretty site. The other thought I was having was that she was trying to teach me a lesson for letting go of my dog on the side of the road. Which was really ticking me off. Thankfully, before I started sprinting, the jogger stopped and bent down, so I started walking toward her. She finally saw me coming and said "is this your dog?" "Um, yah! Did you not see me drop her leash just seconds before you said hi?" Obviously she didn't. She said that she thought that this was my old neighbors dog and she was going to take her back home. Thankfully Gracie had the common sense to know she didn't want to run with this lady and pulled back hard on the leash so the lady stopped and that's when she bent down to look at the tag and saw me coming towards her. She apologized profusely, so all my terrible thoughts disappeared about this hooch, who I thought was stealing my dog. Honestly though, what would I have done if she kept on running?

5 comments:

Shea said...

Weird.

mena said...

That is weird. Almost as weird as when you were walking your dogs and this big weimer runs across the street and trys to eat your two little dogs! remember that?
rest in peace Josie

Nicole said...

Oh my gosh, I would have been yelling at her to put my dog down!

Sandra said...

Yah, that was awesome...I pert near peed my pants. :)

SuzyO said...

Grrrrr!