Wednesday, March 4, 2009
The return of Saia
Last Friday Saia (my nephew) got home from his mission in Uruguay. He was an excellent missionary with a passion for sharing the gospel. It was immediate family only at the airport, but I had the coveted position of being the "photographer." So I drove up with the fam to the airport to welcome him home. Looks wise, he's still the same, maybe a little heavier five o'clock shadow, but that's about it. You can tell he's matured though, in all the right ways. He started teasing Elliot only moments after arriving, which was fun to see. It was great to see the reunion first hand and enjoy the moment with them. Welcome home Sai, we're glad to have you back!







Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Luke was just a newborn when he left wasn't he? Luke probably doesn't know who he is. I'm sure your seeing Luke is a big change for Sai.
What great pictures and a great family. I love the picture of Bishop, Saia and Carrie all there together, I can only imagine how happy they were to see him. Saia is a great example, I know Sam looks up to him and sees what a great guy and missionary he is. Thanks for sharing.
I forgot to say this in the post, but in the picture that you're talking about Frances, Saia had just told Carrie that she looks 15 years younger than when he left. She had just kissed his hand and blushed in delight! :) It was cute.
Yah, I think it was weird for Saia to see me with a real kid! He was only a month old when Saia left.
OH, that makes me like Saia even more now. I was wondering why they were holding hands. I will have to say it again, I love this family. Just think one day this will be Luke coming home from his mission. Scary to think about. I know it is a scary thought with Sam. But what great Missionaries they will be.
He looks like a Stevenson to me. What is their daughters name again? She is so grown up!
Sabrina is her name and she is only 12! Beautiful and tall.
Lady, all this talk on your blog about missionaries coming and going... and it just freaks me out because Tyler is only seven years away! I know that seems like a long time, but just ask Carrie how fast it came... great posts, thanks for sharing!
12!?! I was going to guess 16 or so.
I love this family myself. Great, great people.
Your a good picture taker. haha
NO really good job on the photos.
I love missionary homecomings! What a cutie. Oh, and you and your sister look so much alike. She is pretty!
That made her day! :)
Post a Comment