Sunday, February 1, 2009

Fasting conversation

After church today I was sitting next to Luke at the table while he ate his sandwich and Cheetos before his nap. I was trying to hurry him along, and that never goes well, so I was trying to force feed him basically.

Me: Do you want more of your sandwich? (holding it right in front of his face)
Luke: No thanks, I'm fasting.
Me: Your fasting? That's...great! (laughing to myself)
(about 10 seconds goes by)
Luke: (looking at his drink of milk and Cheetos) I'm not fasting any more. (picks up his cup and takes a drink)

It seems that every fast Sunday we have to explain that we aren't eating because we are fasting and what that means and he continuously offers us food all day long. So I guess it's finally sinking in. :)

3 comments:

Nicole said...

He is so sweet, I just love him. It was good seeing you Saturday! Oh, and have you called about your neighbors dog yet? I still keep thinking about her... :(

Sandra said...

No, not yet. Every time I see Mike (the neighbor) and talk to him I chicken out. :( I still need to call and find out the rules though.

Heather Davies said...

Sandra, I just happened on to your blog, and I think that comment Luke made is HILARIOUS!! That is so adorable. Kids are so funny. Hope you guys are doing well.